Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mile 799 - Getting Close

Move out day is on Friday, which is just 5 days away.  Almost everything that needs to be stored is vacationing in Poulsbo for the next 3 months.  Here's what my hilariously grim apartment looks like right now:


The items that I'm bring with me to Europe are the 4 panniers, the small amount of debris strewn in front of them, the bike (duh), and the bike box on the left of the photo.  The Xbox, the TV, the luxurious chaise lounge and the wooden table (built by my dad!) go into storage.  Not pictured are 500 Q-tips which I'm not sure what to do with.

I'm almost embarrassed to put "Mile 799" in the title of this post.  Non-biking events have dominated my life for the last 3 weeks, causing me to slack on the training.  Tomorrow, I'm going 50 miles, fully loaded come hell or high water.  Also, since it's the last Sunday before I leave this island, it'll be a fitting farewell.


Had a fun going-away get-together at my favorite local bar, the Treehouse, with various characters (you know who you are).  A few fun trinkets were given to me to take along on the trip.  Here's a jaundiced, beserk koala, given to me by J.  The marble was given to me by my nephew Sam a couple of weeks ago.



That koala looks a little crazed, but apparently he needs a vacation too.  He's come into my protection, and I've got to respect that.

Here's a likeness of Ganesha, given to me by S. and N., under whose protection I was put:


Sure, when he's a little metal trinket, he doesn't look like much, but this is a recent photo of Ganesha:


Make no mistake, Ganesha will fuck your shit up if he wants to.  He is the Remover of Obstacles, the Steamroller of Chumps and he has all of a sudden made an appearance as part of my trip.  Let's give a big hearty welcome to Ganesha as well as the as-yet-unnamed disturbed koala and Sam's marble.

No comments:

Post a Comment