Friday, June 11, 2010

Mile Zero: South of Mistelbach, Austria, about 25 miles from the Czech Border

Well, I hit another Mile Zero milestone on June 10, on a nice little stretch of road south of the Austrian town of Mistelbach


Over the course of the trip, I've now gone about 1100 miles total, which is completely unbelievable to me.  If you were to poll all of my friends and family for list of Ben-descriptions, I highly doubt that "Naturally-gifted athlete" or "Endurance Bicyclist" would ever be uttered.  So it's shock to me that I've managed to come this far all by bike.


I found it interesting that these last two Mile Zeros were on the far opposite ends of Austria.  The last one was at the very tip of the westernmost edge of Austria, and this one is close to the most Northeastern spot on the map.  In Austria, of all places...

(and in case you missed the previous explanation, a Mile Zero is when I hit a multiple of 1000 miles on my odometer)

3 comments:

  1. Okay, let's try posting this comment again! Hi Ben. Katy passed your link/blog to Dave and I and I've browsed through your journey thus far and all I can say is, "WOW....what an amazing trip/experience you are undertaking - very jealous indeed." How much longer are you planning to tour about Europe on your bike?
    Hope all is well.
    ~Kim (and Dave)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim and Dave!

    I've got another 2 months to. I'm in Prague, and I'm taking a train to close to the Polish border tomorrow...then to do a route of Poland: Wroclaw, Krakow, Lublin, Bialystock, Gdansk....then to Copenhagen. It's a complete blast.

    Hope you're both enjoying the World Cup!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben. You seem to have fun. I am glad to see the sun on your pictures because I didn't see it the 3 last days...

    I'm in Serbia, and soon in Romania.

    Have fun and good luke !

    Remy

    ReplyDelete