Monday, July 5, 2010

July 3, 2010 - Zamosc to Hrubieszow

Estimated Mileage: 45 miles
Trip Route Link
Photo Album Link

For a short 45 mile ride, I was sure a whiny little beeeeeeeeyatch the entire time.  Not very hilly, through truly wonderful cycling country.


My morale issues continued unabated, despite various attempts to cheer myself up.  Singing John Prine songs and making up rap lyrics to rhyme with "Krajabrozovy" helped for a couple of hours.  This was also going to be my last day of going east.  After today, it was going to be a north and west trip, instead of south and east.  It felt like a milestone.

I got to stay in the winner of last year's "Poland's Worst Hotel" reality contest.  When I arrived, it was clear that nobody had any time for me, since they were prepping for a wedding at the attached banquet hall.  I didn't have to pay for dinner, because they just served me from the wedding meal.  I holed up in my miserable room (it was only about $20 a night, so I can't complain too much), with a earplug in one ear and a headphone in the other, trying desperately to drown out the techo-Polish folk dancing going on about 100 feet  away.




Notice that there aren't any beds, just two couches converted into "beds".  I slept in the crevasse of the one near the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment