Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 5, 2010 - Wlodawa to Biala Podlaska

Estimated Mileage: 50 miles
Trip Route Link
Photo Album Link

Today was the day I finally got by biking legs back after the weeklong decadence in Krakow and Lublin.  It was 50 miles of perfectly flat, smooth asphalt and I tackled it at around 15-17 miles per hour.  For me, that's pretty fast, but it felt great to get some exercise without the whiny voice in my head constantly saying "But Beeeeeen, this is hard...".


Not much to report on the day's ride except it was wonderful.  Oh, I saw this city sign that made me think that this town is the direct opposite of the town from Footloose:


The last four days blended together, with one relatively uneventful day blending into the next.  Here's the typical agenda:

  1. Wake up and shower
  2. Make an ass of myself at the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet
  3. Pack and hit the road
  4. Bike for 50-70 miles (4-6 hours)
  5. Find hotel and settle in
  6. Catch up on photos and blog.  Make a few calls.
  7. Eat some excellent Polish food
  8. Sleep
I hate to say it, but I allowed my awesome biking vacation to turn tedious!  Mostly I'm stuck in this routine due to the fact that I have no idea what people are saying, where to go, or how to do anything.  So I'm stuck doing things that are idiot-friendly (eat, sleep, use internet, exercise).  

Things needed a shake-up!  Action is required!  Stay tuned for news on the big Expedition Mid-Course Alteration (also called the Gdansk Gambit).

No comments:

Post a Comment