Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 21, 2010 - Waldshut to Basel

Estimate mileage: 40 miles
Trip Route Link
Photo Album Link

This was a mostly forgettable stretch of riding, mostly due to the fact that much of the countryside leading up to the town of Basel is rather industrial.  There was one particularly nice stretch going through a protected forest before heading into the suburbs of Basel:


On the say-so of my German buddy I met the night previously, I stayed on the Swiss side of the border for most of the day, because the German side was populated with dams and factories.  Not that the Swiss side didn't have it's own set of factories.  It just had less.


Once in Basel, I met with Biff, my host for the evening, who proceeded to provide everything a bicycle tourist could ever want and more: A warm shower, a hot dinner, a comfortable bed, route and tour advice and a wonderful conversation after nearly of week of living within the confines of my own head.


That's Adrian, her neighbor, on the left.  Biff gave me some tips for what to see in Basel the next day, and I felt to sleep the instant my head hit the pillow.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete