Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some Random and Superficial Thoughts on Germans

  • They seem to enjoy an inordinate amount of miniature golf.
  • Their native cuisine is not conducive to slender builds
  • Everybody who is at work is a total professional at their jobs
  • Many older German men have cartoonishly large beer bellies
  • Most older German woman will avert their eyes from me if they are alone or with only other women
  • For a country that loves their pork as much as Germany, I haven't seen a single live pig
  • Many of their dogs are bearded and moustachioed
  • They really know how to make and serve beer properly
  • They have clearly done a bang-up job in protecting their eagle and falcon habitats.  Almost every field has a handful of them hunting overhead
  • Young German teens love hair product
  • They use the hell out of their bicycles
  • Once approached, every single German I have spoken to has been extremely helpful and kind.

2 comments:

  1. This is funny. I did these same type of observational bullets when I blogged about my trip to Japan. Enjoying the updates. Still can't believe you're gone for so long. With all the miles logged, I hope you don't get tired of riding your bike! (though I suppose it becomes second nature after a while)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you blogged your trip to Japan! Post a link...I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete