Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mile Zero: The Austrian Rhine Delta

I started this blog with the idea that it would be cool to document where I find myself every one thousand miles.  For those who are math or computer nerds, the term "Modulo" refers to a type of arithmetic where you divide the a number by that other number, and the remainder is the solution.  For example "5001 MODULO 1000" is the number 1.  So, "Mile Zero" is whenever I find myself hitting some multiple of 1000 on my bike computer.  Like so (note the bike computer in the lower right):


Little did I know that the next time I'd hit a Mile Zero, I'd be smack dab in some of the most beautiful country, in the heart of the Austrian Rhine Delta:


Here's where it was on the map:




View Larger Map

For the record, the Mile Zero I had was in front of Mac & Jack's Auto place on Bainbridge Island.  Also a nice ride, but I liked this one even better...

No comments:

Post a Comment